Here's all the latest bits of Detroit Lions' news and information from around the web for June 28, 2012.
- Lions' wide receiver Calvin Johnson had a fantastic season last year and has been one of the most dominating receivers in the game recently. He's starting to get some well deserved credit from his peers. Though Packers' quarterback Aaron Rodgers was voted the top pro in the NFL "top 100 players" poll, Johnson came in a very respectable third. —Free Press
- ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski, meanwhile, is counting down the top signal callers in the NFL himself. Despite having an eye popping statistical year in 2011 with over 5,000 yards passing and 40 touchdowns, Matthew Stafford only placed 14th on Jaworski's list. That caused Brian Manzullo of the Free Press to wonder if he was a bit underrated. It certainly seems like he was. —Free Press
- Cliff Avril was on ESPN's program NFL 32 yesterday and took time to speak about various team issues. He said he doesn't think fans should label the Lions negatively based on the offseason mistakes of a few players. Avril also said he still hasn't decided on a potential holdout, saying only "if it comes to that, then we'll have to talk about the right thing to do." —Free Press
- Despite plenty of upgrades, NFL.com's Gregg Rosenthal believes the Lions' secondary is still the team's most glaring weakness heading into training camp, but explains the team can still overcome these woes to have playoff success. —NFL.com
- Good news for fans: Lions' single game tickets for 2012 go on sale July 10, so make sure to plan accordingly. Anwar Richardson compiles some important details you need to know before ordering. —Mlive.com
Tags: Calvin Johnson, Cliff Avril, Detroit, Detroit Lions, Football, Matthew Stafford, NFL
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/gr8