Here's all the latest information from around the web regarding the Detroit Lions for Tuesday, July 17.
On Monday, the deadline came and went for the Detroit Lions to reach a long term agreement with defensive end Cliff Avril. While this was a bit surprising, as I wrote last week, the decision not to get locked in with Avril isn't particularly terrible. Here's more takes as it relates to this entire situation.
- Avril doesn't plan to be in training camp on time as a result of his situation, and is disappointed the team couldn't resolve the contract talks once and for all. Yahoo Sports
- CBS Sports' Mike Freeman believes the Lions need to keep Avril in the fold because his positive moral compass will help the team coming off their tough offseason. CBS Sports
- Chris Burke from The Detroit Sports Site (and Sports Illustrated) believes that it's justified for both the Lions and Avril to stand their ground in these talks, being that both parties gave and took some in the discussions. The Detroit Sports Site
- Detroit's offer to Avril was a rumored three year deal for $30 million dollars, with $20 million in guaranteed money. Pat Kirwan of CBS Sports wonders what Avril was thinking in not taking the speculated deal in this quick take. CBS Sports
- In spite of everything that's happened, Avril himself says there's no hard feelings toward the Lions franchise, and maintains he is looking forward to the future, especially the 2012 season. Detroit Free Press
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/hhn