The dog days of the preseason are taking hold, and the Detroit Lions are pressing through. In the meantime, there's been several newsworthy events in the past few days to catch fans up on. Here's the latest from around the web as the Lions prepare for their third preseason game.
- The Detroit Free Press's Carlos Monarrez tells the unique story of Lions' rookie fullback James Bryant, who prior to his tryout in Detroit was a boxer that often wore a Hannibal Lecter mask. Yes, that's completely serious, truthful and amazing. —Detroit Free Press
- Calvin Johnson is a cover boy once again. This Friday, he'll don the front of ESPN The Magazine's 2012 NFL preview issue, and he told the magazine he wants defenses to "fear him" amongst other things. After his performance last season, that shouldn't be a problem. —Detroit Free Press
- As far as discipline issues go, Terry Foster of The Detroit News believes one shouldn't keep coming up. He's referring to Ndaukong Suh's much discussed stomp last season. Foster contends that nobody should care if Suh is a bad boy, because that might just be his game. —Detroit News
- Dan Pompei of The Chicago Tribune takes Foster's advice, writing that the Lions are quietly addressing discipline issues in their own way. In spite of all this, Pompei reminds fans that the Lions are still building an excellent team. —The Chicago Tribune
- Lions' offensive lineman Jason Fox was drafted in 2010 and had injury concerns coming out of Miami. He's battled several injury issues since joining the team, but now, he's finally healthy and able to showcase some obvious talent. —Mlive
- We'll end on a quick personnel note. The Lions added two players on Tuesday, defensive lineman Bobby Skinner who was claimed from the New York Giants and cornerback Isaac Madison who was claimed from the Dallas Cowboys. The move to claim Skinner helped out the defensive tackle position, which has seen a few minor injuries lately. —Detroit Free Press
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/j5p