The Detroit Lions will try to get back to the .500 mark as they prepare for a road contest with the Jacksonville Jaguars Sunday afternoon, and we've got you covered with the latest news and information regarding this match up from various sources around the internet.
- One of the keys to last week's win against Seattle was Detroit's excellent execution on third down. The team converted 12 of 16, helping to move the chains and avoid fourth down. This helped the offense operate more efficiently, especially in the red zone. This week, the Lions play another terrible third down team, the Jaguars. —Detroit Free Press
- As fat as injuries are concerned, you can rule out Louis Delmas and Amari Spievey on Sunday afternoon, dealing a blow to the safety position of the Lions' secondary. Starting in their place will be Ricardo Silva and Erik Coleman. Linebacker DeAndre Levy is still questionable. —Detroit Free Press
- A big worry this season has been the tough play of wide receiver Calvin Johnson. Jamie Samuelsen of the Detroit Free Press doesn't think it's time to worry about Johnson. Being that he put up amazing numbers last season, there was bound to be a small drop off in production, despite the fact Johnson is always chasing greatness. —Detroit Free Press
- Running back Jahvid Best has been officially shelved for the season, going on injured reserve. Despite this, nobody knows just yet if Best will ever play again. —Detroit News
- The Lions aren't the only team dealing with injuries. Jacksonville will also be missing several starters tomorrow, including cornerback Rashean Mathis, running back Maurice Jones-Drew and safety Dwight Lowery. —Detroit News
- Finally, the speedy Mike Thomas was brought in this week, ironically enough from Jacksonville. That will lead many to believe if he will lend any secrets to the Lions before Sunday's game. In spite of this, Thomas's arrival means one more player who can help Detroit's offense succeed, and not much more. —Detroit News
*Note: Help with the Hurricane Sandy relief effort. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to go towards the Red Cross Disaster Relief.Tags: Amari Spievey, Detroit, Detroit Lions, Erik Coleman, Football, Jahvid Best, Louis Delmas, Mike Thomas, NFL
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/mci